General Electric Senior Field Specialist - Drill Bits in DHAHRAN, Saudi Arabia
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Senior Field Specialist – Drill bits Position for the Saudi operations has become available. Start your career with Baker Hughes a GE company, a leader in the Oilfield Services industry.
· Under limited supervision, evaluate the appropriateness and use and selection of drill bits and BHA components with drilling specialty products.
· Determine hydraulic requirements for specialty product use.
· Interpret drilling logs and gauges to provide a real-time description of down -hole activity.
· Recommend mitigation activities for vibration or other drilling problems.
· Handle special projects as assigned.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
· 4+ year’s industry experience.
· 2+ year’s operations or service experience with drilling rigs.
· Strong technical knowledge of product lines.
· Proven ability to provide operational assistance to drillers running specialty drilling tools.
· Understanding of downhole hydraulics and rig operations.
· Excellent computer skills.
· Ability to interpret drilling logs.
· Basic understanding of BHA and directional drilling.
Locations: Saudi Arabia; Saudi Arabia; DHAHRAN