General Electric Inspector in Dayton, Ohio
Job Description Summary
Perform essential duties and responsibility in service cells which includes testing/inspecting products and manufacturing operations.
Starting pay is $21.08 per hour
Tests and inspects product at various stages of the production and/or repair process
Tests for items such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical characteristics.
Suggests modifications of existing quality or production standards
Uses standard shop measuring devices. This includes micrometers, verniers, 10x Otoscope, shim stock, depth gages, plug gages and comparator
Analyze and communicate non-conforming hardware and documentation using blueprints, CID’s, MOSs, specifications, etc.
Assists Cell Leaders and Engineering Technicians in implementing corrective actions
Use Oracle to find priority list for work area
Reading, planning, verifying fixture calibration
Maintains eQuals requirements
Use standards shop measuring devices (calipers and micrometers)
Basic housekeeping of cell (5S)
Review, understand and follow routers, procedures, specification, and other instructions for completeness to perform operations
Ensures all company paperwork is filled-out accurately
Fully understands blueprints
Read and understand inspection sheets
Identify revision levels
Produce error free products
Meet production goals
Work to established Lean Manufacturing guidelines
Understand safety and machining hazards
Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
Have a basic understanding of processes in home cell for CMO & Product Integrity Specialist duties
Willing to undergo on-the-job training in order to obtain CVP certification within first 6 months as an Associate Product Integrity Specialist Product Integrity Specialist
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Also, proven ability to demonstrate:
Strong attention to detail
Work overtime as needed
Compliance with and supports all GE policies and the “Integrity: The Spirit and The Letter of Our Commitment” guide
Excellent customer service to co-workers, customers, and vendors Embraces ambiguity and engages others in idea generation
Works collaboratively and respects all others
Actively participate and support a team environment
Keeps team informed of work progress, timelines, and issues
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or General education Degree (GED), plus two years progressive experience with manufacturing inspection.
Completed Six Sigma training
Able to present ideas to others in both written and oral form
Proven problem solver
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Able to successfully pass a vision screen. This may include a test for color blindness.
Successfully pass the Final Inspection Test.
- Must be able to read and understand technical journals, abstracts, and mechanical drawings. Able to accurately prepare business memos, summaries, reports, and presentations using a prescribed and/or organized format. Have the ability to effectively communicate and respond to questions from team members, coaches and leaders.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions, decimals, and whole numbers.
- Basic computer skills.
- Able to interpret and apply a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, graphic, schedule, chart, or blueprint form. Able to deal with problems involving several abstract and concrete variables in a standardized situation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand at least 6 to 8 hours a day. Must be able to work with upper body extremities. Must be able to walk, sit, or stoop on a regular basis. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds on a frequent basis. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds on occasion. Items more than 30 pounds will be lifted with assistance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to moving high speed machinery and/or mechanical parts. Employee will be required to use approved chemicals and may be exposed to dust, fumes, or smoke from normal machining operations. (Not over OSHA Permissible Exposure Levels (PEL)). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
New Hire checklist
Quality management system
Time keeping procedures
Intranet (work instructions & quality procedures)
JOB SPECIFIC TRAINING/CERTIFICATIONS
Successful completion of blueprint reading course (Interpreting Engineering Drawings)
Willing and able to undergo on-the-job training to learn the techniques specific to the assigned department
May require additional job specific training/certifications as necessary
SAFETY TRAINING/ANNUAL TRAINING
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
Evacuation & Emergency Training
Basic Electrical/LOTO Safety Training
Compressed Gas Systems Safety Training
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Steel toe shoes
Job specific may include gloves/sleeves, apron, face shield, or fall protection
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No