General Electric Field Service Engineer in Dallas, Texas
Job Description Summary
As a Field Service Engineer I, you’ll perform preventative maintenance, installations, troubleshooting, and repairs on our life-changing medical equipment. You will act as the primary GE Healthcare Services’ face to the customer. You’ll be responsible for meeting the daily service repair needs of designated equipment and driving customer satisfaction through service excellence.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
• Perform timely and accurate preventative maintenance, installations, and troubleshooting on medical equipment within a hospital or healthcare system to ensure optimal delivery of healthcare services to patients.
• Maintain relationships with customers and ensure timely communication, resolution and proper follow-up to drive customer satisfaction.
• Adhere to company policies, procedures, and hospital protocols, to ensure regulatory and compliance requirements are met; ensure documentation of all work performed is captured, including the ordering of parts.
• Keep up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
• Utilize the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues and conducting root cause analysis that will lead to effective problem solving.
• Participate in sales opportunities such as contract renewals and assist with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
• Work as a member of the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area.
• Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field; OR equivalent military education; OR participant in the formal GEHC Biomed/FE Services Internship or Military Externship program; OR High School Diploma/GED and 4 or more years of experience servicing electronic equipment.
• Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity.
• Valid Driver's License.
• Ability to be available after-hours and/or work a rotating on-call schedule, including weekends.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No