General Electric Field Service Engineer / Laser in Clearwater, Florida
Job Description Summary
This is a Field Support Role supporting customers throughout parts of the US, Central and South America as needed. Position will be based from a home office. Travel expectations are 75-100%. The Field Service Engineer will work on a team or individually, to install, perform preventive maintenance, and repair laser additive manufacturing machines. These activities contribute to customer laser production machines operating at peak performance, producing quality parts meeting production schedules, and meeting or exceeding quality & industry standards
Roles And Responsibilities
• The Field Service Engineer will work on a team or individually, to install, perform preventive maintenance, and repair Lase additive manufacturing machines.
• Perform total system level trouble-shooting on complex multi-symptom problems.
• Schedule all resources and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers' site/property.
• Work with Service and Additive engineering teams to resolve complicated mechanical, electrical, electronic, and /or process problems for customer Laser machines
• Help in all areas of site preparation (coordination of labor and materials) with minimal supervision.
• Document all work performed using computer-based service reporting procedures.
• Competently communicate Laser machine status to engineers, customers, and management.
• Maintain effective quality systems and programs according to the GE Service Quality Policy Statement.
• Responsibly complete all administration tasks on time (e.g., ensure timely completion of Service Bulletins and PMs inspections documentation for assigned accounts).
• Maintain daily interface with Customer technicians on equipment status issues, to ensure satisfaction of primary customers.
These activities contribute to the success of customer Laser production machines operating at peak performance, producing quality parts, meeting production schedules, and meeting or exceeding quality & industry standards
• Associates degree and 2 years technical experience, or a High School Diploma and 7 years field service or electrical technician experience.
• Proficiency to logically troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem-solving techniques.
• Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process.
• Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information.
• Demonstrated ongoing effort to maintain knowledge of current technology.
• Ability to communicate using English (or local language) to interface with clients.
• Demonstrated technical leadership ability.
• Ability to work independently with minimum direction.
• High work standards and quality.
• Shows Initiative and motivation.
• Plans and organizes work effectively.
• Excellent communication skills, listening skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong customer skills and deals tactfully and effectively with differences of opinion (e.g., influences rather than directs).
• Ensure timely work order closure using CMMS systems.
• Good oral, written communications skills and proficiency in English.
• Able to work well in a team environment.
• Customer relationship experience & skills.
• Able to work outside of the box to find creative solutions.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No