General Electric Field Service and Technical Advising Specialist in Ciudad del Carmen, Mexico
Field Service Engineer is responsible for technical direction and safe site leadership of onsite installation, operational maintenance, testing and startup activities on BHGE Gas turbines and their auxiliaries systems in accordance with engineering best practice and contractual work scope requirements primarily within Mexico and Latin America.
The Field Engineer in Aeroderivative Gas Turbines Mechanic will:
· Provide direction and assistance to work groups in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
· Provide general technical direction and assistance to customers in the operation, maintenance, repair, safe handling and installation of GE products.
· Provide on-site interpretation of data and technical instruction.
· Provide technical assistance through on-site guidance and training in operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting techniques.
· Assist customers in scheduling maintenance and workload assuring that equipment and parts requirements meet established schedules.
· Make recommendations on findings, reviewing effectiveness of maintenance actions in order to identify future needs.
· Use initiative and experience to interpret, and communicate significant market intelligence and sales opportunities for both assigned programs and ongoing customer support.
· Supervise the installation, maintenance and repair of mechanical components.
· Lead and execute disassembly, inspection and reassembly of aeroderivative gas turbines.
· Lead and execute unit start-up and performance tests ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshoot mechanical issues as they arise.
· Ensure all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company Environmental Health and Safety guidelines and procedures.
· Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or college
· At least 4+ years of experience in field service or maintenance position.
· Ability to understand and implement technical drawings (Mechanical drawings, P&ID, General Arrangement, etc.)
· Strong knowledge in maintenance procedures for GE Aeroderivate Gas turbines and their auxiliaries.
· Strong knowledge in Gas turbines commissioning, troubleshooting and operation
· Strong knowledge in field devices, instruments, motors and actuators.
· Experience leading people and crews for site activities.
· Good English fluency both spoken and written.
· Willingness and availability to travel worldwide 80% of the time (on and off-shore).
· Legally authorized to work in MEXICO for this opening.
· Strong business acumen and ability to sell GE products to the customer
· Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
· Strong customer service mindset
· Strong organizational skills
· Prior project management experience is preferred
· Strong project management skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: Mexico; Ciudad del Carmen