General Electric Staff Application Operations Engineer in Cincinnati, Ohio
Job Description Summary
The Staff Application Operations Engineer is responsible for owning and leading the compliance activities required for Centerpiece Oracle ERP platform. You will partner with DT leaders, business leaders, the product owner organization, and Oracle corp to drive execution. In this role you set the strategy and execute efforts to ensure ever greater compliance requirements and adhered to for one of the most important ERP’s in General Electric business.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Expert in proactively using data, practical knowledge and innovative insights to drive timely decisions, determine appropriate courses of action, forecast future needs while managing risk and uncertainty for the team.
• Ensures Centerpiece Oracle Instance is compliant with all regulatory requirements (SOX, CMMC, etc.). Works with the audit teams and various DT organizations to solution for any compliance requirements and owns ensuring all resulting activities are executed.
• Responsible for all change mgt approvals and expected to coordinate with the release manager and the CP operations owner to ensure the safe/compliant migration of code into production. Manages a small central indirect team to that effect.
• Effectively manages the quarterly release process in coordination with the Release Leader and Lead Centerpiece DBA. Handles all business negotiation on outage timing and communication before/during/after release.
• Owns the key accounts associated with the instance and any management of the accounts necessary to ensure Centerpiece meets all security/regulatory requirements.
• Works with Sr. Operations Director to establish vision and drive application vitality strategy for the system and also partner with team members to successfully execute technology refresh activities.
• Demonstrates strategic level skills in collaborating with different stakeholders, influencing decisions and an ability to take strategic view.
• Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and with other GE businesses
• Experienced with Oracle ERP 12.x, SQL, Unix, Appworx
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Strong technical background with extensive experience in solving challenging issues in high pressure environment.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Good understanding of Agile principles
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
For roles in USA:Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum years of experience6years
Desired CharacteristicsTechnical Expertise:
Experience with the product
Understand concepts of setting and driving technical direction
Familiar with elements of gathering functional requirements
Understand technical standards & concepts to apply to project work
Interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities
Understand key cross-functional concepts that impact the organization; is aware of business priorities and organizational dynamics
Coach and mentor team members.
Familiar with concepts of costing hardware and software components. Works to assure work is on-time and within budget
Deliver tasks on-time with alignment to architectural goals. Can identify and raise issues, risks and benefits
Participate in change initiatives by implementing new directions and providing appropriate information and feedback
High level of energy and enthusiasm with the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships; creates processes with customer viewpoint; partners with customers
Change oriented –actively generates process improvements; champions and drives change initiatives; confronts
Ability to work with global teams, act independently and as part of a team
Apply values, policies, procedures and precedent to make timely, routine decisions of limited, clear choice
Open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas. Consider different or unusual solutions when appropriate
Resolve day-to-day issues related to strategy implementation. Escalate issues that impact the client and/or strategic initiatives
Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No