General Electric Sr. Technical Product Manager in Cincinnati, Ohio
Job Description Summary
Lead PLM programs in the Model Based Assembly space. The role will handle programs that involve assembly product structures in Engineering Design and its complete 3D Definition. Leverages deep technology, process and domain expertise to drive execution across multiple interdependent projects within a program; ensures outcomes delivery on time, within scope and budget and of desired quality. Defines execution standards and processes to be followed by all project managers within the program or department.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Collaborate with business and functional partners and technology leadership in defining functionality and specifying requirements
• Outline multi-generational project strategy aligned to deliver on the expected outcomes
• Define execution methodologies and project management practices to be followed by all projects within the program
• Organize project teams comprising from internal and external technical and functional experts based on budget, scope and timeline
• Manage day-to-day execution of multiple interdependent projects by working directly with global technical teams
• Coordinate execution across multiple projects and drive shared approach and outcomes tracking
• Support execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required
• Manage project risks, scope changes and other non-standard events throughout the life of the project
• Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting at various levels of the organization including leadership and executives
• Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matching stakeholder expectations
• Track project outcomes realization and customer satisfaction levels through established metrics against service level. Ensure lessons learned are collected
• Perform initial and final financial reviews, and ensure ongoing budget tracking
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's Degree in with significant experience.
For roles in USA:Bachelor's Degree in with minimum years of experience8years
Desired Characteristics• Proven experience using project management methodologies to deliver business value and drive significant change across an organization
• Experience managing budgets including budget and spend
• Strong understanding and knowledge of various project and portfolio management methodologies with track record of implementing shared standards for large organizations
• Strong leadership skills with ability to influence outcomes and organize teams to attain shared goals
• Excellent influencing, interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal) with all levels of an organization
• Self-starter - requires minimal direction to accomplish goals
• Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and / or industry activities
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
• Experience working with others on a global basis
• Applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
• Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
• Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills -communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans
• Change oriented – actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
• PMP, ScrumMaster or related Project Management certifications
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No