General Electric Sr. Staff Technical Product Manager in Cincinnati, Ohio
Job Description Summary
Leverages deep technology, process and domain expertise to drive execution across multiple interdependent projects within a program; ensures outcomes delivery on time, within scope and budget and of desired quality. Defines execution standards and processes to be followed by all project managers within the program or department.
This role will be the product owner for the Cicada and Interstate platforms within the DISE Enterprise family.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Collaborate with business and functional partners and technology leadership in defining functionality and specifying requirements
• Outline multi-generational project strategy aligned to deliver on the expected outcomes
• Define execution methodologies and project management practices to be followed by all projects within the program
• Organize project teams comprising from internal and external technical and functional experts based on budget, scope and timeline
• Manage day-to-day execution of multiple interdependent projects by working directly with global technical teams
• Coordinate execution across multiple projects and drive shared approach and outcomes tracking
• Support execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required
• Manage project risks, scope changes and other non-standard events throughout the life of the project
• Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting at various levels of the organization including leadership and executives
• Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matching stakeholder expectations
• Track project outcomes realization and customer satisfaction levels through established metrics against service level. Ensure lessons learned are collected
Minimum Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college with 5 years of additional experience or 8 years of experience in digital product management and/or strong working knowledge.
• Inclusive team member - inclusive of all team members, possess high emotional intelligence and creates a culture of belonging
• Strong team member – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
• Strong understanding and knowledge of various project and portfolio management methodologies with track record of implementing shared standards for large organizations
• Strong leadership skills with ability to influence outcomes and organize teams to attain shared goals
• Excellent influencing, interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal)
• Self-starter - requires minimal direction to accomplish goals
• Experience working with others on a global basis
• Applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
• Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
• Change oriented – actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an employee is in a state where this requirement is temporarily paused for federal contractors. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No