General Electric Sr Staff Risk Advisor in Cincinnati, Ohio
Job Description Summary
The Sr Staff Risk Advisor will be accountable for working with business IT teams to encourage a security mindset throughout business SDLC processes from concept, implementation and operations. This role will identify training and developmental needs and drive security awareness strategy that reduce overall security risk. The ideal candidate will have experience in working with internal stakeholders, external partners and customers and will have had experience in an advisory role.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Maintain the strategic roadmap for cybersecurity initiatives, promote standardized security tools, process and platforms to maintain consistency across all regions.
• Provide regular program updates to the Regional CISO, CIO and other stakeholders.
• Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders including regional CIOs, and global IT security and compliance leaders
• Aid in the enforcement of GE-wide policies & standards and assist technology teams with building security solutions.
• Define technology security requirements and communicate to system owners through effective security programs and training.
• Work with GGO and business IT teams to encourage a security mindset throughout business SDLC processes from concept, implementation and operations.
• Maintain documentation of the IT Risk program and any exceptions for regulatory compliance.
• Ensure our security awareness program meets all industry regulations, standards and compliance requirements.
• Identify and assess current and future training needs through job analysis, career paths, and regulatory and policy requirements
• Monitor and evaluate training program's effectiveness, success and ROI and report on them
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or college with minimum of 5 years of professional experience OR Associates degree with minimum of 8 years of professional experience OR High School Diploma with minimum of 10 years of professional experience
Minimum 5 years of professional experience in Distinct Area of Work (DAW) or IT
Note: Military experience is equivalent to professional experience
-Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Prior experience working in a matrix environment
• Prior experience doing Lean or Six Sigma Process improvement work
• Prior experience working on developing and leading strategy definition
• Prior experience managing IT operations and support (including ITIL)
• Capable contemporary leader with extensive team working abilities
• Experience in identification and remediation of security threats and risks
• Experience in security risk assessment of server, endpoint, network, cloud and mobile OS platforms
• Familiar with enterprise infrastructure designs and concepts including Authentication, Logging, Interconnectivity, Internet and application proxy, cloud computing, hosting, application code security, Virtual computing, Database administration, Data storage, Data backup, Encryption, Middleware, Firewall policy, Network segmentation, Mainframe etc.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No