General Electric Oracle EBS DBA - Staff Data and Information Architect in Cincinnati, Ohio
Job Description Summary
As Staff Data & Information Architect for GE’s Oracle ERP platforms, you will lead a team of Oracle Applications Database Administrators and e-Business Suite System Administrators to provide technical expertise on multiple highly complex Oracle ERPs supporting and executing programs GE’s Oracle ERPs strategic infrastructure and cloud platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role you will:
• Lead, mentor and energize high performance ERP DBA teams across geographies to manage large, complex mission critical ERP environments
• Identify resourcing, assign individual responsibilities, and develop schedule to ensure smooth operations and timely completion of projects deliverables
• Work with application and security teams to promptly address security vulnerabilities issues protecting ERP applications, database, infrastructure and technology stack.
• Champion the adoption of new technologies and develop per, cross-functional and cross-business relationship to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
• Reduce operational cycle time and drive simplification through implementation to automation solutions
• Partner with ERP application teams, shared services, CoreTech peers and Oracle in design, development, implementation and operational support of ERP technology solutions.
• Manage architecture and operations activates to ensure ERP compute infrastructure is used efficiently and produces a long – term business benefit.
• Maintain and apply current knowledge of information technology; keep abreast of new and emerging technologies and help determine if/hoe they can be used to add value to the business.
• Participate in budget management responsibilities and inputs info financial planning, S2 and other business activities.
• Adept at navigating the organizational matrix; understanding people's roles, can foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources and rally teammates.
• Understand how internal and/or external business model works and facilitate active customer engagement
• Able to articulate the value of what is most important to the business/customer to achieve outcomes
• Able to produce functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts.
• Possess extensive knowledge of full solution catalog within a business unit and proficiency in discussing each area at an advanced level.
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certification or equivalent quality certification
• Demonstrated working knowledge of internal organization
• Foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources, rally teammates.
• Demonstrated ability to work with and/or lead blended teams, including 3rd party partners and customer personnel.
• Demonstrated Change Management /Acceleration capabilities
• Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence across all organizational levels
• Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
• Ability to influence and build consensus with other Information Technology (IT) teams and leadership
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No