General Electric Senior Counsel - Global Investigations in Chicago, Illinois
The Senior Counsel, Global Investigations, will be part of the GE Healthcare (GEHC) litigation and investigations team which has overall responsibility for global GE Healthcare litigation, internal and external investigations, dispute resolution efforts, and preventative law program.
• Manage and conduct investigations, including interviews, research, documentation, presentation preparation, reporting, and data analysis.
• Support preventative law program and early warning system.
• Provide cross-functional support to the compliance function to (i) identify emerging issues and trends; (ii) help define process improvements; and (iii) help with training initiatives.
• Brief and develop strategy with Global Chief Litigation and Investigations Counsel and other team members.
• Drive efficiencies and cost reduction in investigative matter management, including with regard to budgets for external counsel and forensic/discovery-related needs.
• Support/manage litigation (and not just investigations) as required.
• Global travel and coordination across various GE Healthcare business units and legal organizations.
Substantial experience with government investigations, including but not limited to investigations conducted by the Department of Justice and/or SEC
Investigations experience in one or more of the following areas: Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)/other anti-corruption law; health care fraud and abuse, including the Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS), False Claims Act (FCA), and/or Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FDCA); export control; intellectual property theft/economic espionage; financial frauds; public procurement law; and/or anti-monopoly/competition law
Accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively at all levels of the organization
Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
Ability to direct and manage relationships and budgets with outside counsel
Prioritization skills and ability to drive projects to conclusion
Ability to manage multiple tasks in a global environment
Ability and willingness to travel domestically and globally
Prior prosecutorial or enforcement agency litigation experience
Substantial experience in conducting and managing highly-sensitive internal corporate investigations
Experience in conducting, management, and/or coordination of litigation and dispute resolution
Demonstrated experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business clients in an extremely fast paced environment
High level of cultural sensitivity, flexibility, and emotional intelligence in order to work effectively in a multicultural environment
Being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Illinois; Chicago
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.