General Electric Manager, Segment Marketing- Government, Academic & Pediatric Accounts in Chicago, Illinois
Role Summary:This role will have marketing responsibility for the government, academic and pediatric customer segments and sales channels. This individual will support the strategy for strong marketing engagement and alignment with these customer segments and sales teams, and partner across functions and the marketing organization to execute the strategy.
Essential Responsibilities:• Leverage data from internal and external resources to become a segment and persona expert, serving as a resource to the marketing and sales teams in understanding owned customer segments’ behaviors, needs, and motivators.
• Develop a customer segment marketing plan for each covered segment to drive growth opportunities for sales and build strong partnerships with aligned sales teams to ensure buy-in and optimization of marketing efforts.
• Collaborative with our Target Engagement team to design and execute demand generation programs to increase customer awareness, preference and purchase intent and measure results (visibility, engagement opportunities, IB retention, etc.)
• Ensure aligned sales teams have the content, tools & training resources required for successful execution of growth objectives.
• Build strong relationships with Solutions marketing teams and the broader marketing organization to develop, collect and promote sales channel and segment relevant marketing activities and content.
• Own covered segments’ sales communication for the marketing function to ensure consistency, relevancy of message, and appropriate volume.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
• 5+ years of experience in marketing and in a healthcare-related business
• Passion for working with government customers and/or demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the unique needs of government accounts, including the VA and Department of Defense
• Experience driving sales-marketing alignment with matrixed sales teams and key sales roles
• Team-oriented, collaborative contributor with demonstrated ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including written, oral and telepresence
• Ability to travel and willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate needs of customers and sales teams
• Based in Chicago, Illinois
Desired Characteristics:• Prior Commercial/Sales experience.
• Deep knowledge of segment and/or persona marketing, market research, and customer insights, with a proven track record of connecting insights with marketing results
• Demonstrated experience with digital marketing, PR, executive conferences and events, speaker engagements, thought leadership, and sales training
• Strong data, analytical and process skills
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Illinois;Chicago;