General Electric Sourcing Specialist - Buying/Procurement in Chennai, India
Job Description Summary
• Supplier Management & Inventory (Material management)
• Perform daily operations of Sourcing & Material availability to MFG Plant.
• Support Floating RFQ’s, Coordination with Supplier, PO release follow up, Delivery timeline
• Localization & Sourcing Support - Includes Cross functional support to Product, Tendering & Projects team
• Support Negotiation with bench marking on Market / competitor datas according to specific project / product requirements & policies.
• Achieve internal customer satisfaction on Mfg target & Cost / OTD on Customer Shipment
Roles and Responsibilities
Support Sourcing, Vendor follow up, Inventory Management & Logistics
Manage Sourcing for Material Availability, Production Planning for Project & will be part of a Mfg and plant support in order to reach defined Production targets in Safety, Cost, delivery timeline & Quality
Utilizes knowledge of a discipline and analytical thinking to execute.
Ensure Margin improvement thru continuous Bundle buy, Cost out – logistics optimization , Negotiation & new Initiative according to Industry benchmarks and standards.
Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks on Material availability, to meet Project timeline, Cost outs & SCM support.
Developing specialized knowledge in their Own discipline. Has awareness of latest technical developments in own area.
The role has moderate autonomy, requiring high levels of operational judgement.
Graduate or Master's Engineering degree from an accredited university with 3 + Project , Plant Sourcing & SCM, Logistic experience
Hands on Tools Knowledge - SAP & PLM, Exposure to CAD tools will be advantage
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
*Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No