General Electric Senior Engineering Manager in Chennai, India
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the PE & Electrical Design team with broad scope and high impact to the business and is recognized as guide. Will be part of the PEP team and provide technical mentorship to the entire team.
• Supervise a team of 10 -15 engineers and provide Product solutions with Customer centric approach.
• Activities contributing to the design and development of LV/MV VFD’s products and solutions for Global/Local business needs.
• Includes activities linked to RCA’S and technical improvement of existing products and components
• Responsible for team operations planning/execution passionate about Solution within technical discipline.
• Execute design and analysis, evaluation of LV/MV VFD’s product design and project engineering
• Responsible for Semiconductor design and engineering; crafting, developing and evaluating electronic components, integrated circuits for electronic equipment and other hardware systems.
• Spearhead engineering practices and business improvements initiatives within the group & business
• Familiar with LV/MV drive systems, fault calculations and sizing protection components like contactors, isolators, and circuit breakers and basics of arc flash analysis.
• Work closely with electro-mechanical teams to optimize overall solution.
• Construct SLD,Specs & BOM for procurement and manufacturing of equipment’s
• Understand various standards relevant to design NEMA/IEC/UL standards.
• Support New Product Introduction (NPI) programs
• Identify opportunities for development, cost down, VAVE, and IP generation.
• Collaborate with global engineering & manufacturing sites.
• Root cause analysis and implement corrective and preventive action
• Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
• Ability to Hire , Mentor and develop talents.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• Guide’s or Bachelor degree in Electronics or Electrical Engg from accredited college / university
• 15– 20 years of relevant experience
• Preferred experience/knowledge in Product / Electrical design
• Proficiency in ETAB, Simulation tools like MATLAB/Simulink, PLECS, PSCAD, PSPICE etc.
• Spearhead initiatives and build impact.
• Good oral and written communication skills to influence at all levels.
• Good interpersonal team management and coaching skills.
• Effective problem identification and solving
• Demonstrate to work independently within and between teams and as an applicant.
• Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse and highly matrix environment.
• Ability to energize teams and perceive change as an opportunity.
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
GE is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes