General Electric Lead Engineer - Power Electronic Hardware in Chennai, India
Role Summary:Lead Engineer responsible for Design & development - LV/MV Drives – Core Power Electronics (AC / DC systems) and Control cabinet design as per requirement
Shall demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals/programs/processes for an area or business segment.
Able to develop and execute objectives for self and others.
This role has the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
Essential Responsibilities:• Drive Sizing, Analysis, product hardware design / loss budget calculation / Filter & protection circuits using sound engineering principles adhering to standards &
Product / Program requirements.
• Lead initiatives , Understand product / project specifications and realize requirements to design using calculations, modeling and simulations.
• Support team to Verify functional performance of prototype hardware under all specified operating conditions
• Provide technical leadership to cross functional teams
• Effective problem solving skills & RCA .
• Recommend,participate and present or review in technical and program reviews
• Document functional test requirements and conduct test according to applicable standards (UL/ IEC etc.…) /conduct project FAT’s
• Coordinate with System Engineers and team Manager on product customization / project execution on a continuous basis.
• Support Manufacturing of equipment at Factory / Vendor facility
• May require travel to support commission engineered projects as required
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor or Master Degree in Power Electronics or Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
• Min. 8 -12 years of Power electronics design & testing expertise for industrial drives and its related components (Power/Oil & Gas / Marine / Industrial drives knowledge preferred)
• Preferred experience/knowledge in PE design / Simulation tools like and MATLAB/Simulink/PSIM/PLECS...
• In-depth knowledge of motors /drive & control Systems.
Desired Characteristics:• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrate ability to work effectively within and between teams and as Individual
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
• Ability to energize teams and perceives change as an opportunity
• Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse and highly
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:India;Chennai;