General Electric Engineer - Customer Application Engineering in Chennai, India
Role Summary:Based at GE Power Conversion Chennai site the Parts Engineer’s role is an exciting opportunity for an action-oriented individual with technical foundation of Power Conversion equipment.
You will be able to leverage your Power Conversion knowledge as a main point of contact to directly support quotes and sales conversion, drive customer fulfillment, while you collaborate across the globe with key functional teams and enhance your strategic business acumen.
Essential Responsibilities:• Be responsible for the identification of project spare parts, life-cycle status and replacement strategy in the Global Parts catalog within the Power Conversion Parts Organization.
• Communicate with customers to convert quote and order requests into deliverable applicable part(s) by researching drawings, renewal parts books, databases, catalogs and other available sources for accurate product configuration.
• Proactively identify spares for past projects, categorize spares by customer function criticality.
• Perform Project obsolescence studies
• Verify applicability and fit of critical customer requests to application.
• Communicate with engineering groups to improve internal record accuracy and document replacement strategies for obsolete parts.
• Provide support to internal and external customers in support of sales initiatives.
• Identify newly created part numbers and accurately complete part definition attributes in a timely manner.
• Maintain engineering part definition attributes required to process requests for parts.
• Contact qualified Vendors in order to identify/ or validate part definition, life-cycle status, price, availability and replacement part if part is defined as obsolete.
• Collaborate across the business including, Spares and Repairs, Engineering, Sourcing, Order Management and Global Field Sales teams.
• Provide technical input pertaining to the part substitution / interchangeability process.
Qualifications/Requirements:Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college / university in Electrical Engineering or Electronic or Instrumentation Engineering.
3 - 7 years of relevant experience (5 - 10 years for Diploma holders)
Technical knowledge on Industrial Drive systems (LV/MV), PLC Systems, etc,.
Experience in design engineering, field engineering, manufacturing, shop assembly or spares/ replacement parts involvement.
Experience in O&G or offshore or Marine or Metal industry or Renewables
Writing, Reading and Verbal English Fluency required.
Ability to read and write technical specifications.
Ability to translate and interpret BOM into orders and parts.
• Excellence in Customer Service.
• Commercial awareness.
• Ability and willingness to travel as required.
Desired Characteristics:• Prior experience with SAP or current ERP systems.
• Prior experience with Teamcenter or current PLM systems.
• Ability to read drawings and have familiarity with BOM structures.
• Aptitude with analytical tools (ex. Excel, Access and PowerPoint); specific skills should include: data-mining,pivot tables and data Manipulation.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Cross functional, ability to work on matrix environment, and international team experience.
• Be able to work within a team environment.
• Demonstrated technical aptitude and business acumen.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:India;Chennai;