General Electric Electrical Engineer in Chennai, India
Job Description Summary
Activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components Accountable for the quality of own work. Subject to direct operations supervision/prescribed work instructions/systems checking. Executes within a well-defined operations framework. There is generally a step by step sequence of standard operational tasks which need to be followed to achieve an end result.
Who We Are
Solar and Storage Solutions provides reliable, affordable and dispatchable integration of renewable energies. The business unit, part of GE Vernova, works with utilities and developers to create Solar and Storage Solutions power networks, which combine renewable sources, efficient energy storage and software to create a more predictable supply of renewable electrons.
Why We Come To Work
Our team is dedicated to making a difference and creating a more sustainable future for all. We foster a dynamic and inclusive work environment where everyone is valued and can thrive. Whether you’re a seasoned professional or just starting your career in the clean energy industry, we invite you to join our team and be a part of a company that is making a real difference in the world.
· Ability to make product cost out and finding alternate suppliers, quickly qualify and pass design reviews
· Thorough knowledge in Inverter and battery storage equipment design
· Demonstrate strong technical capability in solving technical issues
· Lead and drive culture of quality and technological refinement to existing designs.
· Understanding the Inverter product specifications and generate cost out ideas, quick implementation by thorough validations and meet project requirements.
· Lead and take ownership of complete product engineering.
· Interact with BOP system, sub-systems, component teams to define and document system requirements and interfaces.
· Capable of troubleshooting the issues in the product and be a technical reference.
· Develop technical experience among the team to be faster in customer response.
· Participate in testing to validate the product as required.
· Lead project reviews; make presentation and status reports to Senior Management.
· Must be willing to work on new product development and system component design.
· Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
· Work with cross-functional & global teams to meet project objectives
Qualifications / Requirements:
· Bachelor's / Master's degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
· 6 -10 years’ experience in Engineering in similar/relevant field.
· Hands on experience with the design and development of control algorithms in a relevant field.
· Good working knowledge on usage of MATLAB Simulink or similar tools.
· Proven analytical, interpersonal, communication, organization, planning and leadership skills.
· Process focus and continuous improvement orientation.
· 6+ years' experience working in Inverter or similar domains
· Have a strong understanding of the power electronics converter and inverter designs.
· The ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
· Being innovative, need to find new ways to improve the designs and sometimes challenge current ways of working
· Strong problem solving, business and analytical abilities
· Experience in working in cross-functional environment.
· Having working level knowledge of Solar, renewables.
· Working knowledge of statistical analysis.
· Experience with requirements management tools
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes