General Electric Business Reporting Lead Analyst in Chennai, India
Job Description Summary
Business Reporting Lead Analyst will be reporting to the Treasury - Transaction services Programs & Governance leader and will be responsible for Acquiring, structuring, and enabling data capture from business and corporate data sources as well as across teams within the Treasury – Transaction Services Organization, for reporting and analysis to drive business decision making. Regularly advise management in the function and/or in the business. Has a supportive role in decision making about important subjects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Prepare data and participate in monthly operational reviews. Prepare and track action plans to resolution. Help drive new metrics, tracking methodologies and data visualizations to better understand trends and insights across the Payments COE and related functions.
· Support Executive, internal partners, and assigned business functions in the fulfillment of periodic and ad hoc reporting requests.
· Partner with upstream and downstream stakeholders to improve processes through LEAN problem solving supported by data analytics. Lead initiatives through conclusion and monitor results.
· Support reports and other analytics related automation for the transactional services team, and facilitate Lean transformation in the area.
· Partner with functional subject matter experts to document wing-to-wing process maps, business requirements, test cases and scenarios supporting the Treasury - Transaction Services initiatives.
· Support business unit testing, review documented results and related evidence for completeness and accuracy of Payment COE driven data initiatives
· Provide training and support as needed.
· Create, maintain, and prepare Quantum & related Spotfire/Tableau reports. Support defect resolution , change management , upgrade maintenance and additional analysis as necessary
· Collaborate with stakeholders in identifying and prioritizing appropriate reporting solutions
· Demonstrates the ability to learn quickly and meet continuous timelines by meeting project and workload timelines that are subject to change
· Supports internal and external auditors by providing requested support for quarterly reviews and annual audits
· Collaborate with technical teams to drive various systems activities, including – planning/delivery of upgrades, disaster recovery exercises, monthly/quarterly releases, etc.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Significant equivalent work experience within the financial services industry preferably treasury management, business operations, banking or payment operations.
· Experience with BI tools including Alteryx, Tableau, Qlikview, or Spotfire to drive visualizations
· Solid understanding of relational database structures; knowledge of SQL queries and MS Access databases a plus
· Solid understanding in Creating, maintaining, and preparing Quantum & related Spotfire reports
· Ability to conduct detailed root-cause analysis to generate insights and provide innovative business solutions
· Advanced MS Excel capability; able to produce complex reporting solutions
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment.
· Demonstrated success in leading/delivering on projects and driving process simplification.
· Strong interpersonal skills, can-do-attitude / self-starter
· LEAN experience a plus
Relocation Assistance Provided: No