General Electric Analyst – Payments in Chennai, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This role is for a complex work position which will support the payments process. This will include automated and manual payments. The position is an individual contributor role that requires independent working ability and a good understanding of payment systems, payment runs and manual payments.
• Support disbursement and settlement related operations for GE globally
• Run payment processing on ERP (SAP and/or Oracle)
• Validate accuracy of payment run
• Preparation and sign off of the payment run file/proposal by relevant business stakeholder/s in a timely manner
• For all statutory payments, custom duty related payments – manual entry and upload into the bank portal
• Complete daily operations work, including payment initiation and authorization, cash receipt, FX conversion, balance reporting, Treasury related operation execution and policy compliance, etc.
• Follow policies and procedures for daily operation, ensure proper control for all payment methods, e-banking/manual payment process etc.
• Support projects to streamline and simplify payment process.
• Keep close communication with commercial banks, and ensure smooth cooperation in daily operations
• Execute payments as per GE Cash Policy
• Other ad-hoc projects or assignments arranged by manager
• Candidate must have a University degree
• Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
• Candidate must be a Passport holder and have an Aadhar Card and a PAN Card
• Cash, disbursement and settlement related experiences in MNC preferred
• Knowledge of cash management, banking and payment systems
• Relentless Business Integrity
• Good Communication skills and exhibit excellent professional ethics
• Strong process execution and customer service mindset
• Ability to - work pro-actively and independently, prioritize multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
• Self-motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Capacity to deal with high volumes of activity and handle issues during crisis or otherwise
• Team Spirit – Should be a good team player
• To be based in Chennai
• Must be prepared to work in any shift supporting Asia/Americas/European business hours
• Quality Training – Lean Six Sigma
• Technology streak – updated with latest technologies available for work optimization
• Knowledge Management – Track record of creating and maintaining knowledge
• Treasury software expertise
Locations: India; Chennai