General Electric Staff Cyber Investigator in Cheltenham, United Kingdom
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Cyber Security Team is looking to hire a full time Security Analyst with strong project management skills. The candidate will be responsible for assisting GE with manage existing cyber threat detection tools and technologies as well as project managing new tools and capabilities.
• Primarily acting as a project co-ordinator for the UK team with potential to assist and co-ordinator European cyber projects.
• Act as a back-up/secondary contact for other team members in specialised areas including, but not limited to AV, Event Logging, Intellectual property management and IDS/IPS technologies.
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science/studies or forensic security. (or equivalent professional experience)
• Cyber Security, IT Risk or IT Intelligence exposure
• Formal Project management qualification (PMP, Prince etc.)
• Must currently hold or be eligible to apply for UK SC clearance
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• A broad IT background, with focus on IT Risk, IT Compliance or Cyber security.
• Ability to set and manage expectations with key stakeholders and team member.
• Strong ability to prioritize and execute with minimal direction or oversight.
• Exceptional critical thinking, writing, and presentation skills that properly
qualify assessments with concise, relevant, and accurate communications.
• Proven track record of successfully managing and executing on short term and long term projects and the ability to establish rapport with various roles. (executive management to deeply technical)
• An understanding of APT (nation states), Cyber Crime, Hacktivism and other associated actors.
• Exposure to Agile methodology.
• Understanding of Cyber Security Model, Cyber Essentials +, NIST 800-53 Framework an ISO 27001 security controls.
• CISSP, CISM or related SANs certifications desired but not essential.
• ITIL V3 training
• Demonstrable customer focus.
Locations: United Kingdom; Cheltenham