General Electric End User Support Specialist in Cheltenham, United Kingdom
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The MyTech Lounges are a site-based ‘walk up’ service for users to get support for their IT services or devices. The End User Support Engineer will act as an Agent on the MyTech Lounge desk, and will provide support to the site location focusing on customer service & prompt incident ticket resolution. Working as part of a team, the direct liaison will involve support to end users and to troubleshoot & resolve their open IT issues.
• Act as IT concierge service to provide end users skilled troubleshooting for all their open IT issues.
• Focal point for customer interaction and support for all local IT issues including client, mobility, wireless, AV, conference room, Telepresence and physical connectivity.
• Manage onsite inventory of PCs and mobile devices – including lockable storage and the return or receipt of devices to/from a central depot or OEM.
• Provide support to remote users through the telephone or Skype session – including screen sharing or direct access to the user’s machine.
• Maintain/resolve all open incidents/tasks within ticket queue in a timely manner.
• Partner with Digital Workplace Solutions Premium Experience Team on new technology introduction projects to ensure the campus is prepared to deploy and support the new solutions.
• Onsite hands and eyes support for other IT teams.
• Ensure all business policies and standards related to client services and IT security and compliance are being met.
• Perform all other duties as specified by leadership team.
• Drive and deliver a customer service approach for IT support issues for Corporate and on-site clients, using any available tools and resources.
• Analyze and resolve complex hardware and software issues.
• Be a resource and guidance for customers with regards to Digital Workplace Solutions Premium Experience Team policies and procedures.
• Establish working relationships with customers.
• Anticipate, identify and resolve problems, applying knowledge in complex, difficult or stressful situations.
• Communicate, orally and in writing, technical information to audiences at all levels of the organization.
• Be a participative member of various teams.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management or other technical / IT field OR (coupled with relevant IT work experience)
• Experience with client (PC) technologies and support services.
Legal authorization to work in the European Union wihtout restriction is required.
GE will not sponsor individuals for employment visas and for this position.
Must be willing to work out of the office where the specific MyTech Lounge is located.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Windows 7 and 10
• MAC OS
• Skype Meeting and Skype Broadcast
• AV Cisco Telepresence equipment
• Experience in mission critical IT operations support environments
• Ability to effectively interface with all levels of the organization and external customers
• Experience working in a global organization
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams
• Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
• Strong listening skills
• Ability to develop and follow procedures
• Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous tasks, client relationships and expectations
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
• Effective problem identification and solution skills
• Proven analytical and organizational ability
• High level of energy and enthusiasm with the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
Locations: United Kingdom; Cheltenham