General Electric Senior Full Stack Engineer in Cheadle, United Kingdom
Job Description Summary
Responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Provide technical leadership to an agile team of 5-7
• Work closely with our product leaders and designers to turn concepts and mockups into functional web-based user interfaces with familiarity of dozens of JS libraries & UI tech, including but not limited to: Highcharts, Three.js, D3.js, Mapbox, React, Material UI, Angular, Node, Polymer, HTML5/CSS2/CSS3, SASS, LESS, Web API, Apple SDK, Android SDK, JS Scripting, Masonry, Muuri, GoldenLayout, gridstack, isotope, gridster.js, paper.js
•Design and develop highly scalable and reliable server side applications using Java, SpringBoot, Hibernate, Micro service etc.
• Leverage software best practices, design patterns and latest trends to implement highly scalable, extensible and reliable products.
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
• Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
• Work with product line leaders and architects to develop multi generation software technology plans
• Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
• Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
• Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
• Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
• Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results
• Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
• Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
For roles in USA:Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum years of experience4years
Desired CharacteristicsTechnical Expertise:
• Master's Degree/ PHD in Computer Science
• Experience with Windows and Unix / Linux based programming
• Experience working on software projects in the Energy domain (Energy Management, Oil & Gas, Power & Water)
• Certified Scrum Master and/or Product Owner
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective team building and problem solving abilities
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
It Would Be a Bonus If You Had
• Experience with complex scenarios, like financial reporting, e-commerce, internationalization, or content management
• Our tech stack includes HTML4/5, CSS2/3, Highcharts, Gridster, Mapbox, and various JS libraries on the frontend, Java, Spring boot, Hibernate for server side technologies AWS and Microsoft Azure for Cloud Services, along with Postgres.
• We work with BI tools such as Spotfire, OBIEE / OAS, Tableau, and Highcharts for data visualization and financial reporting and data analytics,
• Qlik, Apache Spark, Talend, Dataiku
• Amazon & Microsoft Chatbots
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No