General Electric Internal Communications Lead in Chalfont St Giles, United Kingdom
Role Summary:The Internal Communications Lead will support the development and execution of internal communications strategies - companywide, to key leader groups, and to Function organizations - as well as advise Leaders on how to effectively communicate, with the goal of ensuring a consistent experience for employees to drive engagement. In addition, the role will manage and provide counsel on communications tools, channels and opmechs. This role reports directly to the Internal Communications Director.
Essential Responsibilities:• Support, and lead as appropriate, the development and implementation of internal communication plans: company-wide, to key leader groups, or to specific Function organizations.
• Execute communications activities that support the GE Healthcare priorities and strategy, drive employee engagement and a winning culture.
• Develop compelling content for internal channels, including writing articles, producing video, written business updates, presentations, scripts and talking points, etc.
• Proactively seek opportunities, positive stories and content that support internal communications objectives and empower and inspire employees.
• Coordinate and collaborate with Corporate, Product, Region and Function teams; develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders across the organisation.
• Be a strategic and trusted communications consultant, providing guidance to leaders on messaging, content and mechanisms for transparent internal communications, as well as counsel on when - and critically, when not - to communicate.
• Actively support the global internal communications content and infrastructure strategy and contribute to the development of a more contemporized approach.
• Manage internal tools, channels, and opmechs including consolidated editorial and planning calendars – be an advisor to the wider Communications Function.
• Develop and maintain meaningful and actionable metrics to measure reach and effectiveness of communications. Build reports to outline internal communications plans and impact.
• Work with the Internal Communications team and flex as appropriate to support and contribute to other areas within the scope of Internal Communications.
• Support, collaborate and contribute to cross-business initiatives
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s degree, ideally but not essentially, in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English, Marketing, or a related discipline.
• Significant experience in an internal / organizational communications role, or relevant PR role - either in house or agency environment. Experience in a corporate or other fast-paced environment a plus.
• Experience preparing strategic communications plans and delivering strategic advice/counsel, as well as the ability to deliver at the tactical level
• Excellent written communication, presentation and planning skills with demonstrated experience speaking and writing clearly, concisely and convincingly, tailoring communication methods to customer’s requirements.
• Clear thinker with good problem-solving and coping skills - able to successfully lead or support multiple concurrent projects/initiatives/activities, sometimes with conflicting deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented and nimble environment.
• Ability to quickly grasp information, concepts and new ideas; able to simplify sometimes complex topics into compelling, accessible messaging, narrative and content.
• Self-starter with a collaborative, proactive, positive, ‘can-do’ approach; team-player able to work with remotely located colleagues.
• Experience working across multiple organizational levels (including executive level), and with teams from different regions and cultures.
• Good experience with and knowledge of multimedia, able to create and edit content in print, audio, video and web technologies. Video editing skills are a must.
• Strong writing and storytelling skills; good creative thinker; high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Fluent English (both oral and written) and strong command of the language
Desired Characteristics:• Experience working in the healthcare industry.
• Experience of operating within a matrixed global organization
• International experience.
• An understanding of all communications disciplines (media, digital, social, PA, Marcoms, etc)
• Adaptability: being open to change in response to new information, feedback, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations.
• Grit and resilience: able to deal calmly and effectively with high-stress situations, including continuing to persevere and remaining calm in challenging or frustrating circumstances.
• Dependability: high say/do ratio.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:United Kingdom;Chalfont St Giles;