General Electric UX Designer in CELLE, Germany
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes currently has an opportunity for a UX Designer, to join their Technology Centre in Celle.
The UX designer and member of the UX team will be responsible for defining and improving the user experience of our highly technical software.
• In close cooperation with all stakeholders, design the user experience of a new set of applications, which are used in various environments.
• Define innovative user interfaces and interaction styles that bring simplicity to complex subject matter, to make the software easy to use and improve user productivity
• Develop and maintain user journeys, wireframes, specifications, navigation maps and other design documents.
• Cooperate with the scrum teams to make sure that workflows reflect the customers’ needs and ensure consistency.
• Flexible to adapt your design when the technical solution proofs to be difficult.
• Understand the business needs, value and scope.
• Ensure that the customer’s needs are reflected while maintaining consistency across the software application.
• At least 3 years of experience as a UX designer in a product development environment in a technical domain.
• Experience with UX design on desktop applications.
• Solid understanding of user-centered design process, sketching, user journeys, wire framing and design patterns.
• A drive to design the best user experience
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types and stakeholders.
• Strong analytical skills
• Resilient attitude to challenging situations
• The ability to understand technical issues at a high level
• Creative, persistent, assertive, disciplined and “self-motived”
• Strong team working skills.
• Passionate about usability
Experience in collaborating with and being part of an overseas team (Europe / US)
Experience in the Oil and Gas industry beneficial
Experience with UX design in technical software products
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Locations: Germany; Lower Saxony; CELLE