General Electric Software Architect in CELLE, Germany
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Senior Software Architect with experience in Microsoft Windows .NET technology environment.
• Development of software architecture for application used for data acquisition, data processing and visualization.
• Identification of appropriate software technology stacks in a windows environment.
• Leadership of development / project teams in an agile environment (SCRUM)
• Development and maintenance of software applications
• Documentation and specification of software components by using UML/SYSML.
• Implementation of infrastructure unleashing the potential of connected products and services (Industrial Internet of Things)
In-depth knowledge of .NET technology stack.
Profound knowledge of concepts and methods related to analysis, design and implementation in an object-oriented environment
Practical experience in agile development, preferably SCRUM
Profound experience in requirements engineering
Profound experience in Software Design Patterns
English proficiency (spoken & written)
• Experience in automation technology and SCADA systems
• Data modelling
• WPF/ WCF / Visual Studio & TFS
• EDDL / XML (markup languages in general)
• Completed graduate studies in Computer Science, IT or equivalent
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Locations: Germany; Lower Saxony; CELLE