General Electric Scientist in Cardiff, United Kingdom
We are developing our capabilities in Assay Tool technologies for several areas of the business with a focus in our Customised Genomics workflow products (for example in SeraMag bead and Lyo-Stable areas).
We are looking to engage the appropriate expertise to contribute to the technical requirements in this product area.
You will be involved in the assessment, design, development, characterization and the transition of projects from research to development and manufacture (and product launch). You will have experience in and actively participate in all aspects of a development process and play a role, capable of lone working, but also able to work within cross-functional teams. Located at the Cardiff site you will report to the local site R+D Leader.
Responsibilities will include:
• Biomolecular conjugation and chemical modification in custom customer assay applications. The main focus will be for our Sera-Mag and SeraSil-Mag ranges but can include other areas of importance to customers (eg our MagSepharose products).. Designing and ccompleting appropriate test and characterization procedures
• Responsibilities will include design, specification, characterisation and analysis of products including designing and ccompleting appropriate test and characterization procedures
• Working with cross functional teams to develop Process Validation and design transfer protocols and participate in manufacturing transfer, efficiency and reliability.
• Interacting with customers in procedures involving demonstration and technical support.
• Addressing regulatory issues to enable products that are developed, manufactured or distributed to meet required standards.
• Working with cross functional teams across the Genomics and Cellular Research businesses to support project plans and ensure adherence to schedules and project deadlines.
We are looking for candidates with significant productive and broad assay experience, preferably with BSc or equivalent, relating to development of molecular, immuno or other biological assay application, development of conjugated biomolecules; chemical modification of biomolecules, molecular. Experience of working within a large-scale industrial environment would be beneficial.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: United Kingdom; Cardiff