General Electric Hydro Lead Mechanical Engineer - Component in California
Under the responsibility of the head of the IB Turbine team, the turbine design engineer participates in the design of hydraulic turbines in the different phases of a project from basic design to commissioning of the unit, including the basic and detail design analysis and project follow up, support to manufacturing in GE’s shop and with our suppliers, commissioning and acceptance testing of the units on site.
• Analyze technical information from Work Packages (Technical Specifications, Division of Work, ...) and participate in identify the risks and technical opportunities of the project on technical matters.
• Conduct site visits to make an assessment of the existing turbine and supervise signature tests on the unit before disassembly at site.
• Plan and follow project engineering basic design phase and coordinate with Hydraulic design team (hydraulic test lab).
• Perform designs and calculations of turbine components and validate critical ones with Principal/Consulting Engineers.
• Lead design reviews and perform design review actions follow-up.
• Provide technical support to the customer in coordination with the project System Integrator.
• Preparing information for the execution of technical drawings and supervise and validate the draftsman work.
• Optimize designs with Supply Chain, Site Installation to get the lowest installed equipment costs.
• Write reports and engineering documents, including test procedures, engineering calculation notes, operation and maintenance manuals.
• Perform Supply Chain technical support and participate to Site Installation technical support (erection and commissioning) of sub-assemblies / components designed by the IB CoE (including NCR treatment) (based as agreed with Fleet Support)
• Follow up the performance testing of the prototype turbine on site.
• Develop tools and design guides for Installed Base turbine engineering.
• Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, including a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience or equivalent 2nd degree studies.
• Willingness and ability to travel in North America and around the world.
• Demonstrate technical leadership.
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
• Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited, reference verification and background check;
• Must have unrestricted Canadian work authorization.
• Knowledge of calculation methods related to the strength of materials, finite element simulation, metallurgy and welding processes are added values for the job.
• Being passionate about design in mechanical and hydro turbine engineering.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; California
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.