General Electric Withholding Tax Specialist - SSA - Gas Franchise in Cairo, Egypt
Role Summary:Determine and minimize the company's worldwide tax liability with the highest integrity while complying with worldwide tax laws. Entry level professional positions; includes some team leader positions. Requires good understanding of work routines and procedures.
Essential Responsibilities:1.Pull out the appropriate withholding tax data and transactions from relevant Accounts payable and / or General Ledger ERP’s with support of IT and business finance teams
2.Ensure data completeness and full coverage of all business divisions and management entities in scope
3.Prepare and update relevant tax provision schedules as needed
4.Research and correct process errors that caused incorrect tax filings
5.Responsible for the preparation of the Transactional Tax filings in Gulf (Saudi, Oman, Qatar)
6.Ensure that all tax filings across the region are submitted within the due dates.
7.Handle and communicate with PwC/Tax Advisors across MENAT region.
8.Responsible for all Indirect Tax Accounts and approves the tax accounts reconciliations on quarterly basis.
9.Responsible for the issuance of the WHT certificates.
10.Responsible for updating tax filing acknowledgement on the e-compliance.
11.Coordinate WHT audits by various taxation authorities
12.Complete required tax reporting and filing with local authority in a timely manner
Qualifications/Requirements:• Strong controllership analytical skills – able to link financial results to operational performance drives
• Experience leading cross-functional projects / process improvement within operations / finance function
• GE ops system / routines
• Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations
• Customer Orientation - Ability to build good partnership with all stakeholders in the processes
• Team Leadership
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills
• Support a positive environment despite constant changes
• Strategic, visionary and inclusive skills - Good ability to stay updated with market trends and external changes to incorporate knowledge in our internal processes
• Good dealing with ambiguity and a non-structured environment
Desired Characteristics:• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong problem solving skills.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:Egypt;Cairo;