General Electric Sourcing Operations Buyer Associate in Cairo, Egypt
This role will be solely responsible for indirect vendor management and act as the focal point of contacts for the vendors and GE businesses on supplier relations.
Responsible for the operations of the W2W procurement process to include vendor data collection, requisition/PO creation, and Holds resolution.
• Responsible for Onboarding and Off boarding all indirect suppliers to the respective systems
• Vendor data maintenance and clean-up including activating and deactivating indirect suppliers in the system including Non- PO vendors.
• Responsible for payment terms alignment and latter than logic validation, implementation and communication.
• Support supplier quality and delivery performance, manage resolution to ensure business needs are met and ensure suppliers are operating within the company’s compliance requirements.
• Facilitate communication between suppliers and internal teams.
• Reinforcing NPNP Policy and Invoice Submission Rules
• Follow up on vendors with Debit balances, Advance payment and for refund for double payments.
• Vet purchase requisitions created prior to PO being created and implement purchase contracts/supply agreements and strategies that comply with company objectives
• Communicate the information of the PO to the supplier and internal users.
• In charge of PO Routing, Re-opening PO, Cancelling and Closing of POs relating to indirect vendors.
• Responsible for initiating Urgent Payment Requests(UPR), CRM Immediate pay, Prepayment/Advance requests and Special Handling Forms relating to Indirect PO Vendors.
Hold Issue Resolution
• Responsible for resolving Holds relating to Price variance, Quantity issues, PO(Invalid/Closed/Wrong) issues, Receiving issues and vendor set-up among others indirect related issues
• Identify the root causes of the various Holds and working with relevant teams to come up with solutions and implement to reduce the Hold issues.
• Reviewing weekly GRNI Reports
• Ensure any aged or about to age GRNI has clear follow up plan in accordance to GRNI Global SOP for:
-Following for Missing invoice or
-Correct receiving or
-Returning Over receipts.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution is required
• At least 3 years’ experience in a sourcing role
• Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external customers
• Strong project management skills
• Compliance & controllership mindset
• Numerate with a good eye for detail
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong oral, communication and inter personal skills
• Cross functional and international team experience
• Professional style when dealing with business clients
• Knowledge of English, additional languages knowledge is a preference
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: Egypt; Cairo