General Electric EHS and Facilities Manager in Butte, Montana
Job Description Summary
Roles will typically be aligned to specific businesses or sectors. Individuals will generally either be located at, and only support, a specific site or project (including construction), or have a role that requires specific industry/business expertise or interaction with specific business customers. This category will include those EHS professionals involved in “designing for EHS” (NPI), individuals responsible for customer or industry engagement, and EHS professionals working at customer sites or projects (generally not managing teams of EHS professionals or regions).
Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
Roles and Responsibilities
· Individuals located at manufacturing sites and fixed facilities (e.g., a service shop or O&M site) that provide day-to-day EHS support for that facility.
· A job at this level requires a people leader with ability to hire and develop talent. Includes direct people management responsibility including staffing and performance development. Utilizes in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline and analytical thinking and technical experience to execute policy/strategy.
· Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
· Uses some judgment and has some ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated manufacturing processes with technical variety and/or interdependent production cycles. Uses technical experience and analytical thinking. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own teams to arrive at decisions.
· Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with low risks and resource requirements. Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field. Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in EHS.
•Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
•Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
•Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
•Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
•Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes