General Electric VAT Team Leader in Budapest, Hungary
Job Description Summary
As a VAT Team Leader, you'll play an integral part within GE Renewable Business in Budapest, Hungary, supporting GE's affiliates across 25 countries in Europe. This role provides VAT compliance for multiple GE entities and focuses particularly on controllership, review and submission of VAT returns. You will lead a team of about 10 VAT Analysts.
• Own the W2W VAT process for the regional Renewables VAT team. This includes preparation (including VAT account reconciliation), review/approval, submission and payment process for VAT and associated filings (e.g. EC Sales & Purchase listing, Intrastat) for the region.
• Allocate returns and all flings for preparation, review, submission and payment across the country or regional team; provide support on more complex areas of VAT compliance & manage VAT compliance risk for the region.
• Allocate VAT accounts to be reconciled across the team; provide support on the monthly/quarterly/annual review. Ensure that the VAT accounts are reconciled in accordance with the relevant GE policies for the country or region. Ensure balance sheet commentary is prepared on time in good quality.
• Ensure all VAT and associated returns are correct, submitted and paid on time for the region.
• Review and submit complex/high risk VAT returns if necessary
• Support on VAT advisory activities for the country or region in close cooperation with Business Tax and Finance, or any other functions which require help.
• Proactively address gaps in process standards, training and documentation, identify and recommend improvement ideas for productivity & simplification of integrations processes.
• Drive simplification projects.
• Review & provide support to any VAT Reporting & Controllership Tools, i.e. VRT/GVT and ensure that the DTPs (Desk Top Procedures) are kept up-to-date for VAT.
Qualifications and requirements:
• Experience in managing W2W VAT processes which includes VAT compliance and compliance related to associated filings (preparation, review, submission & payment).
• Excellent communication & presentation skills, including fluency in English.
• Finance shared services experience, or as a minimum a solid understanding of shared services dynamics.
• Strong ownership & accountability, with a proven track record of execution.
• Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills. Anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable operational plans.
• Proven ability to anticipate, and resolve complicated issues.
• Ability to drive process excellence and standardization.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Ability to build compliance requirements into project requirements.
• Resource management skills.
• Cultural awareness & sensitivity: ability to flex style to suit differing cultural norms and experience of leading a culturally diverse team.
• Good understanding of core Finance operational processes.
• Candidate must have excellent organizational skills and a good understanding of GE’s organization, knows what levels to pull to deliver.
• GE VAT Reporting Tool or similar Tool experience.
• Lead the Renewables VAT regional team members. Manage people, drive employee engagement, support in recruiting and developing talents.
• Support the Senior VAT Staff Manager in establishing team priorities
• Monitor operational performance, ensure that key KPIs are met.
• Support the Tax Audit Team and/or Business VAT and PwC teams in any external & internal audits. Ensure that the audit ready documents are prepared and reviewed prior they are presented to the external auditors.
• Work with other functions within Renewables teams to ensure that the documents required for audits are properly stored and archived.
• Support the Senior VAT Staff Manager and Tax Leader in any additional queries as needed.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No