General Electric Sr Staff Technical Product Manager in Budapest, Hungary
Job Description Summary
The Sr Staff Technical Program Manager will be responsible for partnering with Renewable Energy businesses to continue executing on the vision to deliver a major ERP consolidation for the Renewable Wind business into a simplified strategic Oracle ERPs EBS R12 platform. The resulting ERP platform will host approximately 80% of overall GE Renewable revenue and it will support more than 900 business process for more than 9,000 users globally and three large Tier2 businesses (OnShore, Offshore, LM). In this role will be accountable to provide product architecture strategy and execution for Material management & planning, Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management (WIP, BOM, INV, Planning, Costing, Quality, Barcoding/ MSCA) ensuring high quality delivery of wing-to-wing business solutions. In this role, the individual will drive simplification, manage complex issues and be responsible for short and long term program planning/execution. This position will allow the candidate visibility to senior/executive leadership as well as the opportunity to individually contribute to the growth for GE.
Lead and participate in project management of business solutions following a full software development life-cycle in order to deliver projects on time, on budget, while influencing business simplification and process improvements.
Accountable for decision-making with Business Function Leaders & Subject Matter Experts in supply chain and manufacturing areas across ONW, OFW and LM.
Accountable for the relationship with Business Subject Matter Experts (SME), and to provide strong guidance and influence on leaning business processes through effective adoption of ERP processes
Partner with supply chain teams globally to ensure gaps, best practices, and lessons learned are applied throughout project lifecycle
Participate in the Renewable Energy Extended IT leadership organization to establish and execute on strategic visions for team development, business continuity, and business growth via technology.
Collaborate and implement best practices to improve customer’s solution leveraging from existing Oracle ERP and software implementations across GE. Serve as direct liaison to functional process owners in order to translate and prioritize requirements for assigned projects or operations areas while minimizing customizations.
Establish & maintain effective working relationships with vendors, global teams, shared services, & CoEs to create & propose technology solutions with high impact to the business
Drive critical path decisions, make recommendations & influence program leaders & business process owners to maximize project payback.
Manage Consulting team, project plans, assign tasks and monitor progress to ensure all team deliverables are achieved throughout implementation
Assist in the development of work and scope proposals for external vendors/contractor engagements
Review and approve all process and technical documentation, ensuring it aligns with the overall business objective of the initiative and is in line with design standards.
Ensure work delivered by team is consistent with project quality standards and definition
Manage and report progress, issues and risks.
Contributes towards strategy and policy development, and ensure delivery within area of responsibility.
Maintain effective working relationship with stakeholders, peers, team members and vendors
Partner with functional teams and management to develop direction, objectives, & setting realistic & challenging goals
Serve as a facilitator to resolve complex process and IT issues to ensure committed program dates are met
Ensure conformance to established systems architecture, IT standards/practices and GE Quality initiatives
Ensure rigor of project execution, budget/scope management, contracted resource management, and adherence to GE Project Management Methodology (PMM)
Bachelor's degree and approximately 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience
10-15 years of experience working with an ERP system in a software configuration implementation role
Proven track record in system implementation for one or more of the following Oracle Supply Chain Functions/Applications: Inventory, Bills of Material, Work in Progress, Shop Floor Manager, Advanced Supply Chain Planning, Warehouse Management
Strong business process acumen with experience in supporting business stakeholders. Business-level communication is a must
High Energy & Self Motivated
Minimum of 10 years of IT project management professional experience
Exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication, leadership and organization skills
Strong quantitative, analytical and problem resolution skills
Experience with Oracle ERP implementations
Demonstrated project planning skills and team building skills
Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
Experience working in a global matrixed environment with offshore development and support teams
Knowledge of GE Renewable technical environment and application development standards
GB Certified and experience with PMM/dPMM
Six Sigma Green or Black Belt. Strong Lean mindset
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Skilled in negotiation to align stakeholders and communicate a single synthesized perspective to the scrum team. Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the competitive environment
• Demonstrates knowledge of technologies in the market to help make buy vs build recommendations, scope MVPs, and to drive market timing decisions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome.
• Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making.
• Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
• Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
• Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
• Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No