General Electric Sr Software Engineer in Budapest, Hungary
Role Summary:Field Force Automation is a world-wide used remote access solution, which helps GE Healthcare's Online Engineers to support our Customers' equipments remotely to enhance productivity and delivery higher customer satisfaction. In this role you will be responsible for programming a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Contributes to design discussions.
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
• Has the ability to analyse impact of technology choices.
• Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
• Demonstrates awareness or product positioning and key differentiators.
• Expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
• Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
• Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog.
• Applies principles of SDLC and Lean/Agile/XP/TDD/CI/CD methodologies to deliver high quality, secured, and scalable software modules.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and/or equivalent experience
• Strong professional experience as a software developer
• Strong Debugging and Troubleshooting Expertise
• Strong experience in Java based Spring microservices, REST APIs
• Experience in AWS Manages Services
• Spring Framework (Core, Spring Boot, Spring Security)
• Database design (relational DBs, NoSQL is a plus)
• Experience in creating unit tests
• Experience with CI/CD systems (user level and creating/maintaining jobs)
• Experience with Docker and ECS / Kubernetes
• Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Azure
• Good communication skills. Ability to explain technical solutions to the development team and non-technical people.
• Mentoring less experienced team members
• Work experience in agile team
About Us:GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.Additional Locations:Hungary;Budapest;