General Electric Sr Software Engineer in Budapest, Hungary
Job Description Summary
You will be responsible for programming a component, feature and/or feature se, working independently and contributing to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
The GE Healthcare, Radiology Information System (RIS-i) team is looking for C#, C++ Software Engineer to be part of our exciting journey to develop together our product.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment
• Translate requirements/vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
• Communicate effectively both within immediate team and across leadership team
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring, and Testing Techniques
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent
• Hands-on professional experience (several years)
• Deep experience in C++ programming (C# is a plus)
• Independent, structured, analytical and process-oriented approach and excellent documentation skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills (English)
• Master’s Degree/ PHD in Computer Science
• Experience with Windows based programming
• SQL and DB development experience (Preferable Oracle)
• Experience in Microsoft Visual Studio
• Basic understanding in TCP/IP
Personal and Leadership Attributes:
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No