General Electric Sr Data Scientist in Budapest, Hungary
The Sr Data Scientist will work in teams addressing statistical, machine learning and data understanding problems in a commercial technology and consultancy development environment. In this role, the Sr Data Scientist will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning, operational research, semantic analysis, and statistical methods for finding structure in large data sets.
The Sr Data Scientist will be part of a data science team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in GE Healthcare business units. Develop analytics to address customer needs and opportunities.
• Provide guidance to data collection teams on data collection and test protocols including design of experiments, sample size, and statistical distributions.
• Design and implement algorithms to provide automation of clinical tasks using one or more of medical images, electronic medical records, waveforms, and clinical reports
• Design and implement scene labeling techniques for medical images and Natural Language Processing algorithms for conditions and diagnosis identification and assessment of most prevalent finding
• Demonstrate algorithms meet accuracy requirements on general subject population through statistical analyses and error estimation
• Design and implement image preprocessing and/or computer vision algorithms for preprocessing and cleaning data
• Collaborate with team members and external experts
• Stay up-to-date in the field of machine learning and deep learning
• Master’s Degree in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent plus significant experience in algorithms development for industrial applications in a commercial setting, PhD will be a plus
• Experience with medical imaging analysis leveraging methodologies using GPUs, including DICOM and non-DICOM
• Hands-on advanced proficiency in handling and analyzing large data sets such as medical imaging data & waveforms and non-medical data as workflow and biomedical
• Extensive experience with Deep Learning neural network libraries such as Keras, TensorFlow, Torch etc
• Expertise in broader machine learning techniques, especially Natural Language Processing
• Experienced with the information technology aspects of data collection, organization, and integration
• Demonstrated awareness of data management methods
• Demonstrated awareness of realtime analytics development and deployment
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: Hungary; Budapest, Szeged