General Electric Software Engineering Manager in Budapest, Hungary
Job Description Summary
Responsible forleading a small team to design and program a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. She/he will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for managing the work deliverables of the platform/product/solution.
• Managing a small agile team.
• Manage multiple software projects
• Demonstrate leadership through team leadership/knowledge in a specific technical area
• Provides coaching, feedback, developmental opportunities to direct reports
• Demonstrate an ability to communicate the technical knowledge through project management/contributions to product strategy.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
Desired CharacteristicsTechnical Expertise:
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
• Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), using Apache Commons Suite & Maven, SQL Database such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
• Hands-on experience in utilizing Spring Framework (Core, MVC, Integration and Data)
• Experience with Big Data / Hadoop and NoSQL Database is a big plus
• Hands-on experience with web development using HTML5, Java Script, jQuery, CSS. Also, experience in implementing Java OSGi modules and using an OSGi container.
• Experience with Play framework, Angular is a big plus
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No