General Electric Lead Statutory Finance Specialist in Budapest, Hungary
Role Summary:In this role, you will be responsible to work with all Ge functions (Business, TAX…) and external providers including auditors cross the border. You will act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in every local GAP accounting project including migration, systems and process simplification. You will provide support to more junior team members by clarifying local GAP accounting and legal requirements.
Essential Responsibilities:• You will be the point of contact for the GE business relating to regulatory reporting queries. Local reporting is an excellent way to gain exceptional awareness of GE operations and grow your technical and soft skills.
• Manage statutory reporting of a portfolio of GE legal entities for a region
• Act as focal point for GE Business teams and third party service provider.
• Manage third party service provider during the statutory reporting cycle in order to meet the regulatory deadlines
• Coordinate Statutory planning & audit with all related internal and external stakeholders
• Continuous follow up with considering the agreed timelines with all stakeholders.
• Support local tax audit requests
Qualifications/Requirements:• Written and verbal fluency in English;
• Relevant experience in audit management or similar area
• Expertise in MS Excel
• Good working knowledge of US GAAP / IFRS and any other local GAAP
• Excellent communication – proven ability to develop strong professional relationship with auditors, corporate tax
• Strong analytical ability to find any potential risks and initiate improvements
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Skills to manage multiple ongoing engagements
• Flexible approach with a strong team spirit
• Effective interpersonal skills and highly professional style when dealing with business clients
Desired Characteristics:• Leadership skills
• Experience with Oracle, SAP or Oracle HFM
• Experience in an audit firm
• Chartered Accountant / ACCA certificate
About Us:Our vast and valuable installed base across Aviation, Power, Healthcare and Renewable energy keeps us intimately involved in the daily operations of our customers around the world. Today, GE additionally leads new paradigms in additive manufacturing, materials science and data analytics.
We’ve built a local presence, a strong brand, and deep customer relationships in more than 180 countries. GE is proud to serve as true partners in growth and development — offering resources and experience, investing in local talent and supply chains, and bringing other partners along with us.
The Statutory Department is in charge to provide Statutory services to the legal entities (4000+) operated by the GE affiliates across the globe. Services scope include planning deadlines for different milestones discussed with the relevant stakeholders (including KPMG audit where necessary) to deliver annual local Financial Statements and Statutory accounts on time.Additional Locations:Hungary;Budapest;