General Electric Lead Business Analyst, Corporate Payments COE in Budapest, Hungary
Role Summary:This role is responsible for ensuring successful delivery of payment transactions to the Treasury Infrastructure for transmission to banks, including onboarding of new entities and continuous improvement of business systems & processes to eliminate payment defects and reduce cost.
- Lead transformation projects to leverage LEAN processes
across the Payments COE for the Disbursements processes to meet customer
expectations for SLA’s and Quality and to meet productivity goals. Share best practices across other teams to
drive continuous improvement. Drive and
report out on KPI’s.
- Be an ambassador for creating a LEAN culture that
facilitates adequate segregation of duties, risk mitigation and operational
- Support AP
implementations on GE ERP systems across multiple regions. Share expertise and
own providing requirements for payment processes and modifications/enhancements
to payment program logic during the projects to ensure successful payment
execution at go-live. Collaborate with functional owners and other teams during
project life cycle, including banking setup verifications, testing, rifle shot
payments and Hypercare. Provide training
and ensure successful handover to operational teams.
- Communicate project status, timeline, and challenges or
risks to leadership in a complete and timely manner.
- Identify and support strategic projects to reduce ERP
payment defects, eliminate manual payments, remove process waste and improve
controllership. Support adherence to
Enterprise Standard processes by minimizing exceptions and creating
streamlined, automated solutions.
- Actively seek out improvement opportunities in the project
management framework and drive LEAN initiatives to increase project efficiency
and drive down cost.
- Coach operational teams and facilitate LEAN problem solving. Assist teams to identify & execute
countermeasures to improve supplier data capture, update mapping rules to
reduce failures, refine business processes or otherwise solve business
- Monitor changes in bank or country funds transfer rules and
ensure that Supplier Data System, ERP & PFI are kept current with any
changes required by Banks or Treasury Infrastructure.
- Manage and escalate critical system and bank production issues
requiring interface with Bank, IT and Product Management leaders to ensure
- Collaborate with upstream and downstream stakeholders, including
S2P organization, IT teams, Treasury Infrastructure & Operational teams to
establish shared accountability for ensuring timely and successful payments
execution, in order to continuously improve process performance and quality,
and obtain productivity. Assist with
solving repetitive system and bank production issues requiring interface with
Bank, IT and Product Management leaders to ensure timely resolution.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance,
accounting, or related area.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of financial services experience or
- Demonstrated experience with relevant business ERP systems
(ie: Oracle Financials, AP platform user experience, Perceptive, SAP) and
payment system infrastructure (i.e. Trax, TRS, Webcash)
LEAN experience a plus
Broad understanding of banking networks, payment systems,
collections, disbursements, FX, pooling/concentration.
- Adaptable/flexible: open to change in response to new
information, different or unexpected circumstances. Able to work in ambiguous situations. Experienced in a matrix and global
Proven ability to work independently to achieve results.
Strong organizational skills – ability to effectively manage
multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Knowledge of AP Procedures (i.e. PO, Invoice processing,
Knowledge in Accounting principles
Candidates with experience with GE S2P and SSS processes will
have a strong advantage
- Project management skills: project plan development and
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and driving
results across multiple stakeholders and departments.
- Strong influencing skills across business functions and with
- Knowledge of Swift Payments and Messaging Systems such as
SWIFT payments (MT 103/MT103/MT 202 preferred) a plus
- Familiarity with SQL to facilitate collaboration with IT a
- Experience working in global business environment with a
sound understanding of global process and transactional flows.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:Hungary;Budapest;