General Electric Lead Accountant - Controllership Commercial R2R in Budapest, Hungary
Job Description Summary
GE Healthcare R2R is a finance team of GE's division focused on delivering better outcomes at lower cost for our businesses and our customers. The strong partnership between Healthcare Finance Teams across the Globe to create a collaborative work culture and broaden best practices and industry knowledge sharing across the enabling functions. We believe that by keeping GE Healthcare customers at the heart of everything we do, we will help GE Healthcare work smarter, better and faster, allowing GE Healthcare businesses to be more competitive in the global marketplace.
We are teams of functional process and domain experts, focused on the solutions that deliver results for the company.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Services under R2R scope include preparatory and closing activities in area of Commercial.
• Manage and perform US GAAP general accounting activities on behalf of local GE Healthcare entities.
• Validate and apply the appropriate accounting principles on unusual/non-routine transactions.
• Perform time out and resolve disconnects on process related activities
• Perform activities required for quarter-end and month-end closing (performing accounting, perform and review balance sheet reconciliations) according to the business deadlines
• Responsible to support the preparation of Balance Sheet Review (BS review) and Financial Reporting Package (FRP) review on Commercial Area
• Assist in monthly and quarterly balance sheet review and variance analysis
• Prepare and/or control that all balance sheet account reconciliations, open items are accurately closed by him/her or the dedicated team members
• Analyze process transactions and its potential financial impact
• Understand GE Policies and ensure that all accounting processes are in line with GE regulations and principles, and confidentiality is respected in data handling when working with personal data and/or sensitive data
• Identifies opportunities in his/her dedicated area to simplify.
• Participate in accounting initiatives and projects for further improvement
• Initiate simplification projects and operates as professional advisor
• Support team members
• Support Team Lead in professional matters
• Operate as functional lead for the dedicated team members
• Work together with other Lead Accountants and Team Leads on process standardization
• Maintain strong working relationship with the local operation and controllership team, and Financial Planning & Analysis team. Represents the dedicated area on BS reviews and FRP reviews
• Support the statutory team providing details for preparation of statutory accounts for the respective GE Healthcare Legal Entities
• Coordinate and Support External and Internal audits for the area assigned to her/him
• Besides the main tasks and responsibilities listed above, responsible for completing any other tasks assigned by her/his supervisor or manager.
Written and verbal fluency in English
Strong Accounting experience (in a multi-GAAP environment is preferred)
Experience of closing the books, ideally in an international environment
Strong understanding of the composition of financial statements (Cash Flow, Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet) and key financial metrics
Ability to learn/ understand Standard & Processes quickly and adhere to them accurately
Ability to deal with complex accounting questions
Has technical and soft skills required to operate as supervisor
Ability to train people and transfer knowledge on high quality
Flexible approach with a strong team spirit
Effective interpersonal & communication skills and highly professional style
Comfortable delivering against quantitative and qualitative performance metrics
Compliance & controllership mindset
Numerate with a good eye for detail
Proficient IT skills including Excel
First-hand closing experience with Oracle, SAP or another ERP is an advantage
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No