General Electric Incident Responder in Budapest, Hungary
Job Description Summary
Responsible for hunting, detecting and responding to digital security threats.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Specialize in network-centric analysis (NSM), host-centric analysis (live response, digital forensics), malware analysis, and log-centric analysis (SIEM)
• Perform daily response operations on a schedule that may involve nontraditional working hours
• Write signatures, tune systems/tools, develop scripts and correlation rules
• Analyze host and network forensic artifacts and identify patterns and behaviors related to threat actors
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Desired
Desired Characteristics\Technical Expertise:
• Basic Understanding of CND-based analytical models (Kill Chain, ATT&CK, Pyramid of Pain, etc.)
• Basic understanding of APT, Cyber Crime and other associated tactics
• Basic understanding of host forensics and network analysis techniques
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills
• Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize efforts
• Ability to express thoughts clearly
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No