General Electric Incident Responder in Budapest, Hungary
Job Description Summary
The GE CIRT is looking for detail-oriented individuals with a passion for technology and learning to apply those skills to the ever-changing cyber security field. A successful candidate will have a keen interest in finding digital clues and using them to pivot and scope potential cyber intrusions. Join us to help protect network, email, endpoint, cloud, and other attack surfaces that hackers are targeting.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Specialize in network-centric analysis (NSM), host-centric analysis (live response, digital forensics), malware analysis, and log-centric analysis (SIEM)
• Perform daily response operations on a schedule that may involve nontraditional working hours
• Write signatures, tune systems/tools, develop scripts and correlation rules
• Analyze host and network forensic artifacts and identify patterns and behaviors related to threat actors
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Desired
• Required Technical Expertise
• Basic familiarity with Linux and virtual machines
• Basic Phishing and malware concepts
• Intermediate knowledge of TCP/IP networking, OSI model, and
• Intermediate knowledge of Windows architecture including registry,
processes, and folder structure
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills
• Ability to self-learn new technologies
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No