General Electric Staff Software Engineer in Bucharest, Romania
Job Description Summary
Responsible for designing and programming a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. She/he will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business. She/he will Lead design discussion in a limited manner.
Our Global Delivery Center in Bucharest has been constantly growing for the past 8 years thanks to a great combination of Solid Business Results , Leadership Excellence and, first and foremost, the fabulous Engagement and Technical Skillset of the Employees in Romania.
We provide flexible software solutions for evolving markets that have complex market rules and differing regulatory and legislative compliance to follow. We deliver very large, interconnecting software systems that span multiple countries and regions.
Our projects are executed within an international environment involving software development and implementation held in multi-sites and multi-countries. Hence both technical skills and interpersonal (communication both in oral and written form, self-organization, reporting, autonomy, decision making, English) are of utmost importance.
This role will join our professional services team to deliver, develop and tailor Utilihive to fit the customer needs. Will be part of a highly skilled team in forefront of the energy transition.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
• Design distributed solutions with JVM based programming languages on containerized platforms
• Implement and build the designed solutions for our customers
• Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
• Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
Desired Characteristics/ Technical Expertise:
• Strong programming skills within the Java or Kotlin programming language and related frameworks
• Experience with agile development methodology and test-driven development
• Experience developing highly scalable and robust backend services in a cloud environment
• Familiar with Git, Confluence, Jira, Nexus, Maven, NPM, Concourse, Kubernetes, Helm
• Experience within one or more of the following: Kotlin, Spring, Google Cloud Platform, Spring Boot, Hibernate, REST, Web Services, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Vagrant, Docker
• Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment systems
• Experience from either integration development or the energy utility domain nice to have
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Extensive programming skills
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
Some of the Benefits we are offering:
Strong induction process (a dedicated 1-month ramp-up period).
An open communication culture in a friendly environment and with supportive teammates
Strong focus and real opportunities for Career Development (including LinkedIn Learning subscription and full access to GE’s learning knowledge base).
Flexible working hours and a well-defined work-from-home policy.
Annual, performance-based, salary review; Impact awards for outstanding performance.
Increased number of vacation days, according to your work-experience, as well as Additional days off (such as March 8th, 3rd Easter day).
Private Medical Insurance for you (can also be extended for family members).
Vacation bonus with an annual payout.
Attractive financial compensations for roles involving external travels and on-site missions.
Fully customized development and training programs all throughout the year.
Multiple subscriptions, discounts and vouchers available (such as Bookster subscription, Corporate discount to fitness services, Gift vouchers for Christmas and Easter holiday, Daily meal vouchers)
Wellbeing program with multiple events focused on a healthy lifestyle, free apps to support your healthy habits and free employee assistance program, provided by specialized counselors.
Benefits for children (special occasions gifts, vouchers and events).
Free underground parking space for those who want to work from the office: one of the best locations in town: Aviatorilor 8 office building, in Victoriei square;
At GE Digital, you will be part of a high class team, delivering projects all over the world. Your work will directly impact decarbonization and improve life quality for future generations. All this will be done with full support from colleagues and people leaders to learn the business and develop your skills. Your growth in GE Digital will start with dedicated time for your ramp up and will continue with targeted training sessions, mentoring and coaching from leaders around the organization, as well as challenging assignments, to sharpen your expertise.
Joining us will have you contribute to a truly Inclusive, Innovative, Lean and Transparent team that has the energy to change the world!
Relocation Assistance Provided: No