General Electric Java Developer in Bucharest, Romania
Job Description Summary
Responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
We seek an enquiring mind, desire to learn new skills and a broad understanding of engineering fundamentals plus the ability to work efficiently within a geographically distribute team.
If you enjoy challenging though problems, delivering thoughtful solutions and learning every single day, you may be a good candidate to join our team.
Flexible System for Evolving Markets: Complex market rules. Regulatory and legislative compliance. Cross border electricity trade. Very large interconnecting system. Demand response. Smart grid. Digital Grid.
Our projects are executed within an international environment involving software development and implementation held in multi-sites and multi-countries. Hence both technical skills and interpersonal (communication both in oral and written form, self-organization, reporting, autonomy, decision making, English) are of utmost importance.
We deliver Market Management System solutions designed around a modern architecture that supports product-based modules. These modules are reusable and can be easily implemented in a short amount of time to meet tight regulatory deadlines.
Able to work on full-stack solutions
Design, develop and document software within an agile development environment
Open to learn and apply new technologies if required
Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
Write code with consideration for continuous integration & delivery
Task planning, follow-up, reporting
Desired Skills and Experience:
3+ years of experience coding with Java (Spring Core, MVC) and scripting language (JS)
Good understanding of object-oriented programming
Good knowledge of Relational Databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL) and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
Familiarity with Angular 2+ / GWT, Spring Boot and Web Servers (wildfly) would be a plus
Knowledge of Junit/SoapUI (XML based)
Experience with best practices for writing code that is maintainable and secure
Good understanding of software life cycle
Familiarity with the overall CI/CD process
Comfortable with development best practices (peer review, estimation, design documentation, testing)
Effective teamwork, collaboration, and communication skills
English both spoken and written
The Benefits we are offering:
• An open communication culture in a friendly environment and with supportive teammates.
• Flexible working hours and a well-defined work-from-home policy.
• Increased number of vacation days, according to your work-experience.
• Additional days off (8th of March, 3rd Easter day).
• Annual, performance-based, salary review.
• Impact awards for outstanding performance.
• Private Medical Insurance for you, can also be extended for family members.
• Gift vouchers for Christmas and Easter holiday.
• Vacation bonus with an annual payout.
• Benefits for children (special occasions gifts, vouchers and events).
• Daily meal vouchers.
• Fully customized development and training programs all throughout the year.
• Strong focus and real opportunities for Career Development.
• Referral Program Benefits.
• LinkedIn Learning subscription and full access to GE’s learning knowledge-base.
• Bookster subscription.
• Corporate discount to fitness services.
• Wellbeing program with multiple events focused on a healthy lifestyle, free apps to support your healthy habits and free employee assistance program, provided by specialized counselors.
When we will be back to the office:
• You will work in one of the best locations in town: Aviatorilor 8 office building, in Victoriei Square (in the middle of Central Business District).
• Office with an excellent connectivity to public transportation.
• Free underground parking space for employees.
• Fruits days at the office.
• Unlimited supply of great coffee & tea amenities.
• Christmas party (because you party hard when you work hard).
• Attractive financial compensations for roles involving external travels and on-site missions.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No