General Electric Analytics Engineering Specialist in Bucharest, Romania
Job Description Summary
The Sr Analytics Engineer will be responsible for delivering new, commercially re-usable analytics solutions (Analytic Blueprint Packages) to drive growth in asset, application and industry coverage supportable product support teams (Software As A Service model). You will leverage standard suite of platform and core module analytics & algorithms, software application capabilities, strong engineering & analytics backgrounds.
Roles and Responsibilities
Responsible for ensuring integration of work products into the larger team/function body of effort. Presents to senior leaders within direct organization.
You will engage key technical & subject matter experts (SMEs) across the business for knowledge capture into the solutions. You will also provide core product requirements to Product Management, Software Engineering and UX Design teams.
As a Sr Analytics Engineer, for GE Digital's Asset Performance Management (APM) Product line, you must have a good understanding of basic industrial equipment – reliability and failure causes, the ability to quickly understand the key operational characteristics of new equipment, interview domain experts for failure mode knowledge, and assess how possible failure models will affect measured parameters and key performance indicators (KPIs). An Analytic Blueprint Package is a complete configuration template for a class or type of equipment; includes the Sematic Data Model, Equipment Tag Model, Component Groupings, Failure Indication Logic and relation parameter configuration applied to Physics Based, Mathematical or Statistics based, or Machine Learning (Non-Parametric Regression Techniques such as Similarity Based Modeling, Principal Component Analysis, Kernel Regression, Support Vector Machines etc.; Decisions Trees and other such) analytics techniques common used for Industrial Analytics) as well as the orchestration logic of one or more of these techniques.
• Work on a team of Analytics Engineers and Data Scientists who analyze equipment operation and failure modes to detect the failures through the analysis of process environment, equipment operation and real-time sensor data
• Apply a structured process to design and build new analytic blueprint packages. Review technical documents like Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams
• Create of derivative analytics for variants of known equipment, incorporation of field feedback to improve the performance and actionability of the analytics, maintaining the Analytic blueprint library and catalogue
• Write Analytics Functional Documentation for the Field Services teams, gather end-user and customer requirements and support product engineering in development of new generations of GE Digital's software solutions
• Develop a trusted advocate relationship with internal and external customer constituents. Serve as the communications hub and "source of truth" for applications of the analytics in the field. Ensure that all teams have correct and timely information they need in order to ensure successful delivery of analytics to customers
• Provide supporting technical materials, education and in person expertise during commercial cycles, partner and cross-business collaboration. Evangelize the portfolio capabilities by presenting to customers (internal and external) and user groups where applicable
• Drive repeatability in solution component architectures. Foster an environment that encourages innovation, creative risk taking, speed and agility designing and managing Analytic Blueprint Packages
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
For roles in USA:Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum years of experience4years
Desired CharacteristicsTechnical Expertise:
• Demonstrated ability to work within a small, collaborative project team
• Attention to detail with a willingness to follow a rigorous quality process.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Aptitude for the use of complex software applications, abstract concepts, use of data
• Understanding of industrial equipment and process operations, especially in the areas of maintenance and process control
• Experience designing Machine Learning algorithms or heuristics
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
• Clear understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology and respective experience with its application in design and development phases
• Proven experience designing, deploying or operating applications / infrastructure in a public or private cloud environment
• Knowledge and experience using Analytics Software Packages like Matlab, SAS, JMPro etc. Programming experience with open source scripting and data analysis packages like Python, R is a plus.
• Strong Customer mindset and ability to understand commercial and product strategy
• Bridging between Research and Solution design
• Demonstrates awareness of important current trends (economic, political, environmental, regulatory, etc.) affecting the industries that GE Digital operates in
• Experience working effectively on multiple outcome-focused commercial solutions simultaneously
• Ability to synthesize broad-based user requirements into a unified plan to meet key business objectives
• Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytics skills and best practices by actively incorporating input from various sources
• Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills - effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
• Continuous improvement oriented – actively generates process improvements; champions and drives change initiatives
• Emotional Intelligence, ability to influence up and out and the ability to work independently
• Must be a team player with a strong desire to win
• Highly organized and efficient; able to balance competing priorities and execute accordingly
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No