General Electric Senior Robotics Engineer in Bromont, Canada
Job Description Summary
The GE Aviation Senior Engineer / Technologist demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy. See GE Aviation Engineering Handbook EH-1.1.11 Controlled Titles for additional detail.
The GE Aviation Senior Engineer in robotics provides consultation and technical direction to the engineering community on near term and longer-range projects with substantial business impact. See GE Aviation Procedure 252.26, Controlled Titles for additional detail.
· Remain current in the state of the art within own technical specialty for new products introduction activity, performance improvements, cost reductions and problem resolutions
· Support other GE businesses, supplier, and internal / external customers
· Serve as a recognized leader in defining the state of the art in own technical specialty in order to anticipate, develop and apply technology to current and future business opportunities
· Provide engineering support, within one’s specialty, to teams working on performance, cost reduction and quality initiatives
· Leverage expertise to resolve problems in the field or during the manufacturing processes
· Protect the Intellectual Property rights of the Company
· Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers
· Develop and implement training modules as necessary
· Function as program manager when appropriate
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent.
· At least 15 additional years of experience in an engineering position
Relocation Assistance Provided: No