General Electric Project Engineer (CWI) - Broken Arrow, OK in BROKEN ARROW, Oklahoma
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is seeking a Design Engineer for the Safety Systems product line based in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. As a design engineer, a successful candidate will assist with the design and development of industry leading safety valve technology. In this position there is the opportunity to be involved in the entire life span of a product, including conceptual development, prototype testing, production manufacturing, and field support.
· Project Management
o Working within a budget, schedule, and statement of requirements
o Working within a team of engineers and testing personnel
· Generate engineering drawings, calculations, design documentation, and test reports
· Prepare and present design review material for project stage approval
· Work with supply chain to ensure design is cost effective
- Communicates effectively with external clients and internal project resources and stakeholders, as required.
· Ensures that company procedures and design methodology is consistently applied including managing all required project documents as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 0-3 years of oilfield equipment or design engineering experience OR Master's Degree in Engineering with 0-1 years oilfield equipment or other design engineering experience
· Ability to solve complex problems by applying known solutions in unique ways or out of the box solutions
· Knowledge of CAD systems preferably SolidWorks
· Experience in developing 3D models, assemblies, and converting them into 2D manufacturing drawings
· Understand how to simplify a geometry for the purpose of FEA
· Understanding of hydraulic forces
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Programming ability in Visual Basic or Web based
· Knowledge of SAP, TeamCenter, SolidWorks, LabView, or any FEA software
· Oilfield equipment design or operations experience
· Experience with API standards
- Mechanical Engineering Degree preferred
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Locations: United States; Oklahoma; BROKEN ARROW
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.