General Electric Project Controls Leader in Bristol, United Kingdom
You would be reporting to the Project Director for the management of the project control functions in the delivery of timely, accurate and relevant project performance information whilst closely liaising with the Business Management Office (BMO) leader and the project control function leads to ensure adherence to the BHGE standards. The project control functions will consist of planning, document control, risk, contracts and performance management, change management and lessons learnt.
HSE & Behaviour
• Foster a HSE culture of participation and lead by example in demonstrating HSE behaviours that reflect BHGE expectations
• Ensure HSE behaviour is integrated in all Business Management Office (BMO) activities and information is captured, acted on and communicated to meet BHGE Health, Safety and Environment Systems and Procedures
• Demonstrate behaviours in line with BHGE Beliefs, Principles, Values and Commitments always, ensuring the work environment is free from harassment and discrimination.
• Effectively lead and manage team members; together with the Business Management Office (BMO) functional leaders conduct performance reviews and provide guidance, instruction, direction and support to achieve project deliverables and ensure cohesive teamwork.
• Agree with all end users meaningful performances metrics.
• Maximise the use of current performance management and reporting systems in BHGE
• Identify areas of efficiencies and implementing consistent processes across the business to transform reporting resources from manual implementation to strategic & innovate optimisation efforts.
• Collaborate with all performance management contributors to optimise the level and frequency of reporting required by the Project.
• Manage the project controls disciplines to provide coordinated accurate and timely information and analysis of key Performance Indicators and other project measurements.
• Be the main point of contacts between the project control function and the Project Director / Manager(s) & wider team when required.
• Work with the project team to provide performance data & narrative and when required potential solutions for consideration for the Project Director and the wider project team.
• Liase with the Business Management Office’s Function Leaders and will be responsible for adherence to the processes, procedures and system usage as contained within the BHGE Quality Management System.
• Assist the BMO Function Leaders with the development of the project controls professionals along with providing day-to-day direction and support.
• Provide feedback and lessons learned to the BMO Function Leaders.
• Degree in relevant subject, e.g. Project Management, Engineering, Business Management.
• Significant years of experience as a project control lead or senior project controls professional on major projects or corporate function in Oil & Gas or related process industries.
• Strong business and financial acumen, including demonstrated experience in a global O&G or similar environment.
• Expert on project control systems and procedures supported by current software applications
• Must be highly numerate, computer literate and conversant with MS Office tools
• Strong level of interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interface, interact and work in and within Business Management Office (BMO) and external parties as required.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Strong tactical thinker with expertise in system design changes and enhancements
• An understanding of Subsea product knowledge or similar products.
• Self-motivated, highly efficient, proactive and professional with a respect for confidentiality.
• Demonstrated skill and flexibility in prioritising and handling tight deadlines and constantly changing priorities whilst managing highest standards.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only full-stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a start-up – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
BHGE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfil that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles people like you!
Locations: United Kingdom; Bristol