General Electric Logistics Specialist - Logistics in Bristol, United Kingdom
Main Tasks and Activities:
The Logistics coordinator is responsible for the coordination, monitoring and progress of shipment requests to ensure the on-time delivery of products liaising with the Projects, Warehouse, Manufacturing and Logistics Teams worldwide. Processing of imports and exports ensuring all regulatory and compliance requirements/legislation are met.
• Maintenance & management of import / export documentation records & databases in accordance with compliance requirements
• Manage PDR and Shipment Requests, ensuring accurate information and associated documentation to execute the request is present
• Liaise with Manufacturing, Materials, Sourcing, Projects, Services, to ensure all documents supplied are correct and shipment is processed on time to meet the customer requirements
• Coordinate and prioritise workload and shipments to meet on-time delivery
• Prepare shipping documentation (Advice Notes, Commercial Invoices) and process imports and exports ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
• Responsible for the management and export of equipment ensuring customs and export compliance requirements are met
• Ensure Import consignments are managed and cleared through approved clearing agents
• Comply with regulations and policies in environmental, health and safety and quality
• Coordinate shipments where possible to achieve cost savings, not compromising on on-time delivery or quality of service
• Attend meetings as required as focal point for all Logistics queries, liaison with Project teams and with customer representatives as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree and /or proven experience within Logistics/Supply Chain
• Knowledge & experience of customs and excise and shipping for importation and exportation of goods
• Well organised and must be capable of decision making, prioritising and multi-tasking, and working to agreed schedules and targets
• Must also have a flexible approach to the workload
• Ability to communicate with ease and work with others
• Likes to take the lead and own issues through to completion
• Ability to work on own initiative, autonomously or part of a team.
• Clear Thinking: Simplifying strategy into specific action with clear accountability, making decisions with speed and accuracy based on the vest available information, and communicating clearly and concisely.
• Experience in Lean / six sigma
• Customs domain knowledge
• Dangerous Goods awareness
• Aviation Security
• Heavy Lift experience
• AQIS requirements
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo at http://www.twitter.com/BHGECo , or visit us at BHGE.com .
Locations: United Kingdom; Bristol