General Electric Lead Finance Specialist - FP&A Operations in Bristol, United Kingdom
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The role is responsible for driving, tracking and reporting of finance closure around SPS projects including LD reviews, Variation Order tracking and ledger closeouts. The role requires visible interaction with Project Management team, Commercial, Engineering and Sourcing functions to manage effective project close out.
• Drive financial closeout of projects portfolio numbering 130 EPC/Flow projects, owning the finance checklist/KPI’s and R&Os.
• Monitor and drive cost control on large EPC projects aligning with different product lines
•Ensure rigorous monitoring of balance sheet/ off balance sheet exposures as a part of contract closeouts linking with commercial settlements where applicable.
• Drive Liquidated Damages/Concessions reviews for quarter end provisioning discussions with SS&D CFO/Controller.
• Drive cash collections on contracts with unbilled positions
• Support EPC PFM’s with linkage of checklist/reporting on Project closeouts
• Drive Unbilled/Progress + DTDF reporting process for month end/Quarter ends with key update sessions for SPS CFO/Finance leadership staff.
• Drive/support development of digitised reporting solution (dashboards) for Project close out.
• Collaborate with ITO Com Fin team to set up ITO/OTR handover sessions based on new deal pipeline
• Proven experience in a financial position
• Excellent analytical skills; problem solving mind-set
• Excellent Leadership skills: ability to interact with senior leadership team
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• PC proficiency, MS Office, Hyperion, and other financial ledgers
• Must be fluent in English (verbal written)
• Pro-activity, self-organization, team-work multi-tasking attitude
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Competitive salary applies
Opening date 13/04/2018 - Closing date 11/05/2018
For further information about this role, and to apply, please visit www.ge.com/careers quoting 3088717
• FMP/CAS graduate or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Accounting qualification CIMA/ACCA/CA or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Extensive knowledge of GE Business operations
Locations: United Kingdom; Bristol