General Electric Cost Controller in Bristol, United Kingdom
Based in Bristol, the Cost Controller is a key part of the Project Finance team for Global Manifolds and Connection Systems a tier 2 BHGE. The role provides financial reporting and analysis to the project execution team and other stakeholders including the Project Finance Manager. In the role you will be part of a team of 11 and be responsible for budget management on a number of projects within GFDS (Global Manifolds and Connection Systems) product line of the SPS business.
• Project Cost control for a portfolio of projects. Managing the impact of change orders and identifying and reporting changes in expected cost for project scope.
• Quarterly forecasting of spend profile across projects, reflecting project execution in line with the project plan.
• Quarterly Project Cost Review (PCR) to validate total project cost to wider SPS management team.
• Weekly management of cost budgets within Oracle ERP.
• Reporting of any quarterly volume variance through to SPS QMI
• Support the SPS cash collection effort by maintaining project focus on timely achievement of project cash milestones.
• Strong Academic background & Graduate with minimum 2:1 in a finance/economics related degree (or equivalent degree with demonstrable finance work experience)
• Working knowledge of Excel and willingness to learn quickly
• Effective written and oral communication skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Strong work ethic
• Strong interpersonal skills and an effective team player
• Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment and attention to detail
• Commitment to EHS, integrity and compliance priorities
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo at http://www.twitter.com/BHGECo , or visit us at BHGE.com .
Locations: United Kingdom; Bristol